Saturday, January 30, 2010

A fine frenzy

Camp was really awesome. I can't believe it's over, when it only felt like it was just yesterday. Okay, well everything felt like yesterday to me so.. scratch that.

I don't know why, but I have to say that my class is FREAKING AWESOME (..but I still miss 2g).

Day 1 was CIP day, we went to this high school where everyone was super friendly, although there was a communication barrier between us, gessians and them, the whole thing was bloody fun. We played ice breakers, games, art and crafts.

Day 2 was our so-called 'reward day', but we had to wake up at 4am (bintan time) to catch the tide (something like that?). We did sampan rowing, sandcastle building, treasure hunting (which lydia and I left halfway to do some stuff), coconut tree climbling (this too cos we're very important, talented and much needed people, you see) and campfire. Sampan rowing was swell, the water confidence test before that was kinda creepy, cos we had to sit on the shore bed which I was afraid that there were unknown creatures lurking under.. waiting to pinch and kill you in 10 seconds flat. Campfire was hot (literally too) and I got burnt by flying sparks. Hurts so bad.

Day 3 we went back to the high school to present some gifts to the students and the school, then headed to a plantation farm (which I personally thought was a mini pure geog field trip heh). The ferry trip back was choppy, but not as choppy as the ferry trip to bintan, which was horrible, as I saw people puking buckets and nose bleeding like mad. It stank and was totally insane.

Our camp instructors, Robin and Jie Min were the coolest instructors ever. Cooler than the coolest. Actually all were, really funny too. So overall, this camp was the best camp in the camp history. I

PS I agree with zeyang's post on camp. Best camp I've been too so far, and that I look weird plus of another race (no racist comment or attack here) after being slightly tanned. Ugh sucks, I did put sun block! Camp rocks(ed) ♥

No comments:

Type here